It aint that easy to be tough:


Tough means a lot in English. It's got different slang meanings. I was always tough on the outside. I never move around easily. But the 'tough' I am talking about is the physical one. It means being rough, sturdy, strong, muscular, and all the similar kinda terms that comes to your mind. And being tough physically aint that easy. This is for me only though. I have always been on the heavier side be it anything. So I constantly wanted to change myself, the way I am mentally, and physically. Changing mentally is something that's very closely linked to being physically fit. So my New Year resolutions have always included joining gym, but never did that plan work out. So finally on a new year day (Ugadi) I just don't know what struck ma head. I just joined the local gym, probably the thought was on my head since 3 days, but I am a kinda guy who doesn't execute the plans.
Today was first day, I had woke up at 5 in the morning and freshened up. I went for a jog. By the time I finished with some warm up. I was tuning into some groove music waiting for my friends to join me. So by 6:15 we were in the gym. I enrolled myself. I was kinda excited myself. And I was happy coz I wasn't the heaviest thing around there. So I had to start off with cycling. I just don't know what the meter read when I started , it was 8 I guess and I peddled my way to 3. Then the gym instructor comes and says do it till the meter cover a round, i.e. I had to till 3 completes a circle till 3 is reached. But I managed to complete it. Then he asked me to hop onto another machine. The mechanism was to just go up down with your leg movement. It was like climbing stairs but lil harder. I had to 50 up downs, 3 rounds, ahhhh it was tiring, for he first time blacked out. I felt like vomiting. I grouped myself, refilled ma liquids; I took rest for some time. And I was back, instructor said that I could go but I was determined to do more.
Now for some warm-up, I was asked to jump, stretch, move, twist, hop, widen, shift, dance; I patiently did all these, with my friends staring at my manly boobs jumping around. It was good I never had so much attention. Then was the toughest thing DIPS, I had to do 30 in rounds of 10 each. No matter how much I tried I couldn't do more than 4. So I completed it in almost 10 rounds. My routine for the day was over. After that with my friend's advice I did some dumbbells. I loved seeing my hand bulge every time I raised that 9 kg mass. Then there was fun, masti, pulling each other's leg the usual stuff when friends join. But on the serious note I am up to the challenge put upon me by myself coz I have no other option coz I paid the fee…lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Dennis Ritchie:

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic