ISKCON: The Fashionable temple….


          It’s been almost 4yrs in Bangalore but I had never visited ISKCON or so to say the urge to visit any temple even…but things just happen and so I had to visit ISKCON(The Lord Krishna wanted to meet me I guess :D:D).  First impression on seeing ISKCON on anybody’s mind would be its architecture. Its superbly built on an hill top presently called as HareKrishna Hill donated by the then Cm of Karnataka. Well the hill architecture reminded me of thirupathi but a smaller version it turned out to be. It’s just that they tried out making every part of the small hill represent or morph the thriupathi. Well not succeeded!!!! So y do I call this a fashionable temple.
·         They charge re1 for taking care of your chappels but it’s free for your laptops and gadgets. btw the chappels system is awesome idea. Kudos!!!!
·         I don’t understand the reason why people should pay extra bucks to visit a temple. What’s the whole purpose??? Separate queue for special darshan. No not good idea for any temple. If people are so urgent to pray to god, they can very well pray in their houses. GOD IS OMNIPRESENT. He is there where you believe he is…
·         Most people who come to visit the temple come in cars bike. Rare to find common Indians. Mostly high class people in their fancy attire. (you know what I mean, don’t you gals) well its LORD KRISHNA : The Casanova God as he is known :P just beware…but on a serious note people should learn what kind of dress to be worn at occasions.
·         First time I heard the disciples of any temple speak English. So cool!!!
·         The architecture s so upbeat and modern. Doesn’t suit for a temple. Fibre glass windows, marble, roof top pictures.. Suits a church: P: P … would have been better like a typical temple. Stone architecture, godly statues, and stone carvings. Too much of shine in that big hall. Founders statue in a BABA style pose. All in the sanctum sanctorum. doesn’t justify anything.
·          I wondered why no one gave me thertham ( pious water ) or for the fact prasadam. It is a temple rite??? : D Its available for 100 bucks I heard freshly made by some sweet vendor. :P:P
·         Until now the idea of ISKCON being a temple was on my mind but for the next 10 minutes of my walk down to exit totally changed my mind.
·         A exhibition cum sale room , so many shops…for a minute I thought I just teleported myself to a beach driveway…:P:P then…a movie theatre seriously they do have one !!!! so many sweet meat shops , food courts…pakka it was a mall atmosphere…
·         Well all ended…I never got the feeling of visiting a temple. Though I’m agnostic … :P

So what is ISKCON???

Its International Society for Krishna Consciousness: P

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna,
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare,
Hare Rama Hare Rama,
Rama Rama Hare Hare…..

Comments

  1. lol. this was my first experience too. :D

    they do everything in the name of krishna. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there 2 years. But didnt know about this one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly sud...anything in the name of god :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. same here randeep...was ther 4 yrs but never knew..but finally saw it :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that's how all ISKCON temples are designed, more international in appeal. I have seen Bangalore ISKCON and this Janmashtmi I was in ISKCON Boston. Though, it's run in the modern way by Americans but I was impressed by their devotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea i guess...more of international appeal....somewhere i felt the sanctity of a temple was lost...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Dennis Ritchie:

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic