In sleep , I dream


To become a actor,
but mother says , "Doctor " .
I say , "Cricketer ",
father shouts , " Engineer ".
I say , its not my future.
I was thinking to be a swimmer,
mom splashed my face with water ,
and said get ready for school oh dear ,
I woke up from the slumber,
with my thoughts clearer,
and went to school to study harder,
cause success comes to the achiever...

Disclaimer :
i wrote this when i was in my seventh standard ......
my first and last ever so rhyming poem...if it is considered one :P

PS : Im an ENGINEER....

Comments

  1. Lovely and as you wrote this in 7th standard, makes it so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..... that is really nice..... when I was in 7th std, I never thought of writng..... brilliant as a 11 or 12 years old boy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha...thanks sneha...nothing like u think though...had written it as a part of my summer homework....my first and last it was :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! finally u woke up from ur slumber :)
    great poem in 7th std ....
    keep writing & smiling always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks sowmya....i don think ive woken up...i still dream....:P

    thanks for the words and visit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sourabh.. they should add this to the school book of rhymes, to pep up the kids..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha..well credit goes to my dad for adding words like slumber , engineer... :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Dennis Ritchie:

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic