The pursuit part One


This post I was supposed to write on 30th October 2011. But today I reached the peak of my emotions. I decided to get it out of my system like forever. I overheard my mother saying that she is getting engaged. I don’t know if that is what I heard but things were long over between us. 

        You might wonder why 30th October. Well last year on the same day I was supposed to board Brindavan express from Bangalore to Chennai to reach home for diwali. But her thoughts gripped my brain hard. The girl I loved had taken over my body and mind. I was famished by her so much that I stood there lost among the sea of people at the railways ticket counter.

        The unreserved ticket counter is like hell but I was feeling the warmth of heaven. The screen in front of me flashed Hubli intercity was to leave at 1PM. My train was supposed to leave at 2:30. I thought I have all the time in life to think about her. At 12:50 PM in the heat I reached the counter and took ticket. 

        I ran. Ran to the 10th platform. The train was full. People flocked and occupied seats as it was treasure. I roamed the full length of train in search of a place. I found. I was happy. I asked my next seat gentleman, “When ll I reach the destination “. He told, “ye bailgadi hai!! “.  I asked, “Bhai saab, Time?? The other guy told 9 – 9 30. I thanked and put on my headset and I was lost in my world. The soothing music took me back to her. My love. Here I come.

         The place was new. People were new. The stench of pan was new. My battery was running low. It read 22 miscalls. From 4 different numbers a collective miscalls. Mom/Dad/Sis/Soon to be my Bro in law also had called. I was scared. Last thing I wanted was my family to call me. And I never received their call in fear of being caught. I wasn’t supposed to be in Chennai till 2nd Nov. So my plan to surprise them would be revealed if they hear the train noises I thought.

      For the sake of surprising them I ended up scaring them like shit. Alighting from the train all tired, I searched for a hotel/restroom. Finding one was hard. It was 10PM when I reached and not even one soul I knew. Never thought it would be this late. My cell was running out of charge and so was my purse. I encashed 600Rs from the SBI ATM and walked out with an empty stomach in search of a place to crash.

      My phone was beeping. The battery status was empty. Same time my phone rang. A 10 min call with all four people, convinced them I was at my friends place studying. And walking through those pan stained pathway was just yuck. And I thought let’s face it for one last time. The next train for Bagalkot was a 4:30 AM in the morning and next bus was at 6. I was stuck. The clock was nearing 10 PM. I hopelessly wandered around the Hubli station. I couldn’t find a place to stay overnight. I entered back in the station.  No food joints, no water. Scared of the new place with pocket full of money I found a bench on platform one and tried to close my eyes thinking of a beautiful morning.

Comments

  1. dude... where's the sequel? i'm waiting big time :P seriously :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Dennis Ritchie:

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic