RIP Dennis Ritchie:

GOD seems to have lost it. Completely. 2011 has seen a so many talented/gifted people die. And in the past week it’s been on a high.
Today morning unusually twitter was abuzz with the unconfirmed news of Dennis Ritchie s demise a week ago. I was shocked to read that. Later I found that it was confirmed. He was 70.
For all who don’t know who Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie is, you might want to wiki his name and read about his achievements. He was an American computer scientist notable for developing C and for having influence on other programming languages, as well as operating systems such as Multics and UNIX. 

Dennis Ritchie September 9, 1941 — October 12, 2011
            I heard his name for the first time probably 6yrs ago when I first attended my computer science class during my schooling days. And I still remember his name. The reason being because I was told, he is the man responsible for the C programming language and the UNIX system. Back then I was a novice, but as I grew with my textbooks and CS engineering subjects I realized that “C programming language” was the backbone of most stuff.  

It’s been almost 35yrs since his famous book was published. I still use that book for my reference. There could be no other book so simple.  C language is something that is not going to fade away easily. 

The android OS, iOS, windows, the UNIX all have been programmed with C in its core. So a life without C language is unimaginable. 

The man who taught me the “Hello World” program has invoked a exit() function and bid “Goodbye World”.
"C is quirky, flawed, and an enormous success."
                     

Comments

  1. RIP

    sourabh u have a great quality , i ve observed
    u remember the way u travelled and have respect for 'gurus' which is a trait lost somewhere in the generation gaps. i appreciate u for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :| what the fuck is this. i think god has understood how technology sells big time and he is unhappy with earth's progress! darn...

    R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's an award for you... check the link to see it...:
    http://sunnysneha93.blogspot.com/p/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah chintan.... GOD has gone crazy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. really how many in one year - steve, pataudi, shammi, jagjit! and that too in quick succession. a year of mourning & remembrances

    RIP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic