Step in their shoes. Can you face the awkwardness????

            My dad is very enthusiastic person. He always engages in talks and discussions with everyone. He doesn’t even spare my friends and little cousins. And when with kids, he asks all sort of questions, ask them to strictly reply in English only, cross questions them, more youthfully sarcastic comments follow. My friends tend to get scared away. My roommates during my engineering career wouldn’t stay in home when he is around. My school friends wouldn’t dare to knock the door and call me for playing; they prefer shouting from the road and call me out. My friends would say to me,” tumare dad to mast baat karte be “, bahut dar lagta hai unse baat karna”.
 
      And never have I found any other friends or cousins dad talk the way my dad does. But sometimes they can misunderstand the talk and sarcasm. Once my cousin seriously passed a comment in my absence that my dad irritates people around. Yes he does. I feel bad, awkward . Probably that’s why I warn my friends beforehand the presence of my dad around. Anybody talks bad or passes comment, it pains. I confronted my dad and explained him the way I feel when someone talks about him behind his back. He agreed and since then the talk is usually just formal between my dad and my friends. But sometimes I prefer he do the legpulling.

     Then this is how we are. We are emotional. No matter how awkward things get, we can’t listen bad about our closed ones. But we are human; we are quick to react, quickly to make fun of anything that tries to tease us.

     The whole Kapil Sibal fiasco unfolds in the similar way. We on twitter were all quick to react, quickly made fun of him for his opinions about the contents in the social media.  
     
     The tweets flow, he is condemned, he is slapped, he is criticized and what not. We all are part of a systematic fall down of a man; forget what he is or who he is or what he has done.
    
    He wasn’t against “Freedom of speech “. Frankly he said that, he is against the content of the free and social media. The funny caricatures, dummy drawings, the cartoon figures of politicians, depicting utterly wrong information and cooking up stories of vulgar fun among the masses. What for? Yeah What for??
     Just for a minute’s fun and laugh. Just because we want that number of likes and shares to go up exponentially is it. Just because we want the most number of RTs is it.

    Yes!!!! Just for the 15 minute fame. Isn’t it?

    Mr.Sibal isn’t planning to ban the free and social media like china.

   But seriously isn’t the content wrong?? Ask yourselves. We all have done the mistakes by hitting the share button. Haven’t we?

    Would we agree and keep quiet if someone creates a dirty caricature of our closed on and shares it on social networks. Is this the freedom of speech we are talking about?

     There are still many nicer and better ways of voicing our opinions and concerns. Provoking the people and causing hatred and creating vulgar images isn’t by any means gonna help in what we want to achieve. If achieving likes, shares, RTs and stats is your aim. Then go ahead.

     But next time before sharing or RTing anything offensive just for fun, let’s think and step into the shoes of the concerned family members.

     What would we face today if we were part of MMS family or Kapil sibal’s family or be it anyone.

     Can we cope up with all the hatred and awkwardness among the society that you I and they are a part of??



Comments

  1. I am with you on this. at least i am glad i have never shared derogatory content about sonia or mms. infact i stopped talking to a batchmate who cracked joke about sonia gandhi's breast press. he defended while i questioned if he would circulate such jokes about his own mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never heard that sonia joke :P

    simple you know... before talkin...just analyze oneself in that situation and then move and comment...

    we indians have become more judgmental and the herd mentality is ruining the atmosphere

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Dennis Ritchie:

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic