Disturbed Ramblings

When did we grow up? 

Suddenly, my friend decides to drop a bomb on me. He says he is getting hitched. I was like. What!! We were taking an Ola to airport and I’m a flying virgin. And he decides marriage. How do we make such decisions? We are just 27 years young. And !! what do I say.

     Now that I’ve lived 27 years on this planet, does that qualify me as an adult is it. Isn’t there supposed to be an exam wherein we must secure a distinction to graduate as a responsible adult. I mean, that’s how we have grown up, right!! When did this change?  Who changed the rules? Ah, never mind, guess we are adults now. We have adult things to do. Like getting married. Paying bills, lookout for a residential home, buy diapers, manage finances, open RD/FD. This list is never exhausting.

    So, when did this transformation happen? When did I grow up? Have I? What kind of changes are those? Does a senior/lead in your job title make you feel grown up and responsible? No Right? Is it the 6-figure salary? No!!

Too many self-introspecting questions. Fact is we have grown up. When we were kids, the word future to us meant only Doctor, Engineer, Pilot etc. and many of us did achieve that. So, the future we saw as kids has indeed become a reality. So now what? Maya Angelou rightly said, “Most people don’t grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children and call that maturity. What that is, is aging?”.


     I don’t think I’ve grown up, have I just aged. Aged wine tastes good, but how come an aged life doesn’t feel so.

Comments

  1. Hey keep posting such sensible and significant articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you are spoken communication is totally true. i do know that everyone should say a similar factor, however I simply assume that you simply place it in an exceedingly method that everybody will perceive. i am positive you may reach such a lot of folks with what you've to mention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Dennis Ritchie:

The Feeling of Falling In Love:

Inside Steve Jobs : A Technical Introspect by A Cynic